Regularly stretching can help keep your body loose as go about your daily activities. A well-maintained muscular system stemming from regular stretching can ensure you are ready for movement and reduces your chance of muscle strain. These muscle strains are ever prevalent whether you’re an avid gym-goer or a home-body. Muscle strains can occur from overuse or just a one-time overextension. If you find yourself suffering from frequent muscle strains in your back, try stretching the specific muscle groups affected and speak with a back pain dr near me.
Stretching is a quick and easy way to keep your muscles loose throughout the day. Setting a stretching routine can help you maintain a motion in your muscular-skeletal system. This can be done with regular stretches as well as deeper stretching techniques such as Yoga and Pilates. These traditional wellness techniques have been a proven back pain treatment near me that helps maintain looser muscles and aid in the recovery of muscular issues.
Steps To Stretching
The first step to beginning a stretching routine for your back is choosing the stretches that will best benefit you. Working with a medical professional on the specific symptoms you’re suffering from can help them design a back pain treatment near me. The next step is prepping your body for a stretching session. This can be done with a brisk walk or even beginning the stretches recommended to you but rather doing them at 50% effort. This will allow your muscles to warm up for the more vigorous stretches to come. Diving directly into deep stretches without proper warming of the muscles can cause counterproductive issues. If you are subject to muscular issues contact a physician prior to beginning a stretching routine.
There are a variety of different stretches that can be done at home either on the floor or on the couch. The stretch you use should be based on the muscle group you would like to target. If you are suffering from lower back pain, a knee-to-chest stretch is a perfect stretch to help loosen your muscles. If you are looking to stretch muscles in the mid part of your back then a back flexion and extension may be the stretch recommended by a back pain dr near me. Should you be suffering from upper-back pain, butterfly stretches may be the stretch for you.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your legs extended.
- Lift and bend your right leg, bringing the knee toward your chest
- Hold your leg and pull as far as it will safely go
- Hold for 10 seconds
- Return slowly to your starting position
- Switch legs and repeat the above steps
Back Flexion and Extension
- Begin on your hands and knees on the floor. Your hands should be directly under your shoulders with your arms straight
- Rock forward, putting your weight onto your arms. Round your shoulders, and let your seat drop a little. Hold for 10 seconds
- Rock backward, sitting your buttocks as close to your heels as possible. Keep your arms extended straight ahead. Hold for 10 seconds
- Return slowly to your starting position and repeat
- Sit up straight and place fingertips to your shoulders with your elbows pointed out to the side
- Keeping your fingers in place, exhale and slowly pull your elbows together in front of you until they touch
- Breathe in and allow your arms to move to their original position
- Repeat 10 times
Interventional Pain Doctors | Back Pain Treatment Near Me
Our team of pain management physicians is dedicated to curing your aches, pains, strains, and discomforts. When searching for back pain treatment near me, consider the professional team at Interventional Pain Doctors. Dr. Jeffrey Jeng, Dr. Chad Heng, Dr. Nicholas Fuller, and Dr. Daniel Loder are the leading pain management team in the Los Angeles area. If you feel that you are experiencing symptoms of back strains and pains, visit our website or contact us today for more information.