Foot and ankle pain can be a significant hindrance to daily activities and mobility. There are many possible reasons for pain in these areas, ranging from traumatic injuries to underlying health conditions. Our experts in pain management epidural injections at Interventional Pain Doctors have a variety of treatment options they may suggest to combat foot and ankle pain.
Common Causes for Foot and Ankle Pain:
- Plantar Fasciitis - A condition that occurs when the tissue that runs across the bottom of the foot becomes inflamed. It causes sharp pain in the heel and makes it difficult to walk.
- Achilles Tendinitis - Inflammation of the Achilles tendon, which connects the calf muscles to the heel bone. It can cause pain and stiffness in the back of the ankle.
- Traumatic Injuries - This includes bone fractures, stress fractures, and sprains.
- Arthritis - Inflammation of the joints.
- Gout - A form of arthritis that occurs due to the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints.
Los Angeles Pain Management Treatments
While foot and ankle pain can often be treated with physical therapy and self-care techniques, our pain management epidural specialists may recommend certain procedures.
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) Therapy
PRP therapy is a viable treatment option for patients suffering from foot and ankle pain. PRP injections reintroduce the natural, healing components of a patient’s plasma to the site of pain. This helps reduce inflammation and pain in the foot and ankle and allows damaged tissue to heal more quickly.
For some patients, steroid injections can be an effective, short-term treatment option for pain. Steroid injections work by delivering a corticosteroid medication directly into the affected area. The medication reduces inflammation and swelling, which can relieve pain and improve mobility.
Stem Cell Therapy
Stem cell therapy is another regenerative approach to treating foot and ankle pain. Similar to PRP therapy, our pain management Long Beach specialists will inject a concentrated dose of a patient’s stem cells into a specific site. The stem cells will promote the healing of damaged tissue, and reduce inflammation and pain.
Consult With Our Experts in Pain Management Epidural Injections
In many cases, wearing comfortable shoes, stretching, and avoiding activities that cause stress on the feet can help prevent foot and ankle pain. For those experiencing persistent or severe pain, it’s best to consult with our experts in pain management epidural injections for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. To learn more about our treatments, please visit our website.